Mind Over Metal Adult Workshops
The CWB Welding Foundation’s 30-Hour Welding Workshop provides training for people across Canada to explore welding and related trades as a pathway toward employment or further education, leading to a rewarding career.
This workshop will introduce welding, including testing to obtain CWB welding qualification in a fillet weld flat position recognized by employers worldwide. Each participant will complete the online learning modules at a convenient time and location before attending the hands-on practical skills training.
The program is flexible to address different welding processes depending on the location of the program. The skills focus is aligned to meet employer or employment needs in the region. Typically, introduction processes include SMAW, GMAW or Flux-core.
Participants will have access to world-renowned CWB Education resources available through an online learning platform to complete the theory component called Brightspace (powered by Desire2Learn).
- Over 200 participants have successfully completed the program as of the summer 2022.
- It is a national program delivered across Canada in 7 provinces and territories to date.
- 93 per cent pass rate for CWB 47.1 Fillet Weld, Flat position qualification.
- Program enrollment has been at capacity for all scheduled offerings to date.
- Branded Duffel Bag
- Auto-Darkening Welding Helmet
- Respirator mask with filters
- Welding Gloves
- Wire Brush
- Chipping Hammer
- Branded Welding Jacket
- Ear Plugs
- Soap Stone